Putting a little thought, and a bit of your time, to wrap a package beautifully makes a gift that more special, don’t you agree? And this Christmas season, we can use all the extra special we can get! I love giving beautifully wrapped gifts – to me, it’s just as good as receiving!
This year I made printable gift tags and I wanted to share them with you! These tags are simple, elegant, and a little western – just the way I like it! Download the link and print on cardstock; I used white paper to print them on, but Kraft or cream colored paper would be beautiful as well. Cut along the black lines and use a hole punch to put your ribbon through. I used a heart shaped hole punch, linked HERE.
I love, love, love all these tags! I am using the Wishing ya’ll a Merry Christmas for our neighbor gifts, and using the Howdy + Merry Christmas for my friends!
Here are a few tips for easy, elegant, gift wrapping:
- stick with a color scheme – I went with a neutral palate of black + white (surprise, surprise!), but pick 2-3 colors you love and incorporate them in different ways. Ex: one gift could have black paper and white ribbon, another could have white paper with black ribbon – mix it up and have fun with it! I found black Kraft paper on Amazon; natural or white Kraft paper are great options as well. HERE is the link for the black HERE is the link for the white and HERE is the link for the Kraft paper!
- use textured ribbon. I chose cotton twill ribbon (made in USA!) in both black and white. Similar HERE. I also used thin leather lace in black (also made in the USA!) linked HERE. A natural hide color is also beautiful HERE !
- adding a little bell is a fun and beautiful way to make the package extra festive! I found mini bells at Michaels. I love the pop of gold against the black paper. Mini Bells HERE.
- cut your ribbon ends into an inverted ‘v’ or at a diagonal – it’s much more elegant than a flat cut!
- lastly, add a natural element. Take the kiddos and pick some greens from your yard. The more texture the better! Mix and match greenery or keep it simple with a little sprig of whatever you have. Some greenery that lasts + dries beautifully: olive branches, rosemary, eucalyptus, lavender, pine, peppercorns.
- top with a simple gift tag and you are all set!